View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 10:46 PM
BlueOil
"well-informed"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I agree with a lot of what you said, but this in particular. I'm a huge fan of him but he's useless on the 4th. If D'Ags is just going to get scratched or play on the 4th line, I'd rather see him traded for his sake. He's not a 4th line player. I love the depth that the Blues have, but I don't like the idea of keeping D'Agostini from a more significant scoring role just waiting for an injury to occur. If we traded D'Agostini and someone in the top 9 got injured, Sobotka can easily slide up and we could recall Porter. I don't think D'Agostini should take anyone in the current top 9's spot, but I just hate him on the 4th line.

The Blues just always play poorly in the United Center, for the past few years anyway. Crawford isn't the greatest goalie but he made good stops tonight. It's a shame the Blues can't put the pucks behind him that other teams seem to do so easily. After the first 10 minutes with all of those odd man rushes I thought this game was going to be a blowout. I was glad to see them make a game of it at the end, but it was too little too late. Elliott should've had the Stalberg goal but was really impressive otherwise.

If Redden plays on Thursday, who do you sit for him? Honestly, there's nobody in the current top 6 that I don't want to see play on Thursday. I guess I'd sit Cole, not because of poor play but just because he seems like the most easily replaceable.
I think if Redden is playing, Cole is sitting. Cole looked okay tonight, but you can see he's overthinking and relying less on instinct. It's a condensed schedule so he's gonna sit from time to time, but I'd expect it to light a fire under him. If he doesn't win the spot, I don't see Hitch handing it to him. Redden could be very good for Cole.