Thread: Post-Game Talk: Game 3 : DAL @ DET 3 Stars and Wrapup
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 10:50 PM
FlashyG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
2nd goal was on Lashoff, the 1st goal was on Smith; he is great at screening the goalie... but for the wrong team

- Wings can't score. Whopping 4 goals in 3 games.
- Wings PP is anemic.
- Their goalie is better than ours
- Datsyuk's head is in Russia (he's bolting after his contract expires just like Stuart)
- Zetterberg is proving to be "lead by example", my favorite player.
- Smith is a giveaway machine
- Nyquist proving why he's not in the NHL yet... way undersized for his style of play.
- Filppula can't finish but is playing well
- Tootoo is a BEAST
- Huskin was stable - that's all you can ask for
- I like Lashoff, he should take Smith's spot after we get some dmen back
- The bottom six looks better
- We need Bertuzzi, he's a guy that can spark offense
- Franzen is useless when he's not scoring goals
- Brunner > Hudler by a country mile

All I got for now. I will re-watch the game later to find more stuff. The devil is in the details
The first goal was on Quincey not Smith, not only was he out of position, he didn't block the shot or take away the shooting lane and on top of that he had his stick angled so the shot rose up it into the top corner.

Also Smith was credited with a grand total of "0" giveaways in tonights game, in fact he's listed as having none through the first 3 games. Kronwall leads the defence with 5, and Lashoff and Quincey are 2nd with 1 a piece.

Quincey is running away with the worst +/- though and if being in the box counted against you in +/- he'd be well on his way to a league record.

If anyone deserves to sit when the rest of the D get healthy he should be the first one sent to the pressbox.

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote