Thread: Post-Game Talk: Home Opener vs Bolts 1/22
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

vCash: 500
Holy **** is Faulk good. Stamkos didn't get a single look in all night with Faulk tailing his ass.

I thought JR was crazy when he was pimping Faulk but... WOW! He knew exactly what to do with Stamkos, and contained him all night.

Sanguinetti is terrible. Kill him.

Corvo was passable tonight.

Semin is very good. Even better than last game. He's doing what is expected, which is carrying E. Staal while Eric is in one of his slumps.

If this is the version of Jordan Staal we are going to see for the next 10 years, we are boned. I'll chalk it up to having no chemistry with anyone in the lineup yet, but so far he has done nothing other than dump and chase and crash the net. He does have the north-south game of Eric, but none of the creativity. It's the second game (I'll give him a couple of seasons to grow), but something I have noticed.

There is just a lack of chemistry in the offense, and a lack of one more responsible defender in the defense. If McBain comes back and plays 4th dman to Pitkanen's 3rd, then we can demote Harrison-Corvo to 10 minutes of ES a night against 4th liners, and Sanguinetti to the ECHL. That's a passable defense, at least to avoid the gong show that has been going on.

This is the second game in a row that Cam and the defense allow a goal immediately after our offense establishes some solid momentum. It's a back breaker.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote