Thread: Pre-Game Talk: 2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2013, 11:57 PM
thefeebster

vCash: 500
A good draft tracker article from Neate Sager on Lazar

Quote:
"To be honest, it has been something that has weighed on me," says the 6-foot, 198-pound Lazar, who is NHL Central Scouting's 26th-ranked North American skater. "I got off to a slow start. I let all the little things get to me instead of just enjoying the game, having that passion for the game that I used to have. Now I play on the third line and I take pride in that. We're a checking line [he and his linemates of late, Mitch Moroz and Travis Ewanyk], but we can put up numbers too.....

"My goal every game is to influence the outcome in every game," says Lazar, whose quickness and soft hands were particularly in evidence when he helped Canada's summer under-18 team win the Memorial of Ivan Hlinka tournament at the start of this season. "If I can put up a couple points, fine, but it can be blocking a shot, winning a faceoff."
And this last question:

Quote:
5. Is it hard being a Canucks fan playing in the Oilers' building, lookin' up at all the banners?
"I don't know. Whenever the Canucks are in town I'm still that guy wearing my Canucks t-shirt around Rexall Place. I get a lot of flak for it, but I'm not going to be one of those bandwagon jumpers. Edmonton is a great hockey club, I do cheer them on after getting to know some of the [Oilers] guys over the past couple years."
It's fate really.