Thread: Speculation: Nino seeking trade?
View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 12:22 AM
GusTheo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
Pinching pennies as usual. Just like suspending Bailey and Joenssu without pay until they pass a physical for injuries sustained overseas. Shame on them for wanting to stay in game shape for when the season began

Wouldn't you be pissed if you were good enough to play 50 games with the big club last year but then this year didn't even get an invite to camp?

Making 67,000 vs 900,000 is a MASSIVE difference. I'd be irate and would want a trade too. Nothing will change until this owner goes.
Funny that you blame the Islanders for (within their right) suspend 2 players who were injured in NON NHL action, but are giving Nino the benefit of the doubt because he's losing out on money.

I don't really know what to make of this situation. To me it just seems like the Islanders have a very distinct plan for guys like Nino and Donovan (and maybe it wasn't communicated to them properly). Doesn't matter what they would have showed in a one week camp, they wanted them playing significant minutes in the AHL. If you think about it, someone like Nino should be a step ahead of a lot of guys in training camp, he's been playing regularly for the past 2 months.

I expect this to blow over eventually, and I fully expect Nino to continue to develop and be on the Island at some point before the season ends. The good thing is Nino hasn't come out and made any comments himself. The Isles are usually very tight lipped about internal situations, so it seems as if this situation is hopefully under control.

GusTheo is offline   Reply With Quote