View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 12:36 AM
toughfighter83*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
My favorite part is that these guys are all riding Brodeur's jock... I can't think of a single incredible or difficult save that Brodeur made tonight. We had a lot of shots on goal and a lot of "chances", but not a single top quality finish attempt. The goons @ CSN named Brodeur the "star of the game" and they had such a hard time digging up 4-5 highlights of spectacular saves that they actually prominently featured a play where our shot was actually blocked and then cleared by one of Brodeur's defenseman. Brodeur had nothing to do with the shot being stopped, but that didn't stop Coates from pontificating what a great save it was by Marty.

The difference between Marty and Bryz tonight was that Marty didn't have any bounces off the skates of his own man, Marty didn't have to face a penalty shot from one of the league's most deadly scorers&danglers, and Marty didn't have his defense totally blow coverage and leave a guy wide open in front of the net. Does that mean that Marty played better? Absolutely not.
yeah i know, great defense makes it easy on goaltending, i mean quick wasnt special when he won the cup, he only had 16 shots, that's good defense, defense is most important aspect in hockey, if dont have that, you will not win. that includes your offense as well, i mean leighton was great in 2010 because of defense, when they wore down, so did leighton.

the problems with fans is that are high on goaltending that they think they have to play like god, it's more than just that it's the whole team that makes the goaltending great, not one guy.

Last edited by toughfighter83*: 01-23-2013 at 12:43 AM.
toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote