View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 01:31 AM
wallym

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Ruutu View Post
Cole was traded in the '08 offseason and Williams/Walker were both injured to start the season. I don't think Williams ever played under Lavi that year and Walker only a few games. So you're missing your top 2 RWs from the year before entirely and your 3rd line RW for most of those games.

And furthermore, Corvo and Seidenberg were not put in the lineup for that season--they were already there, and in fact the team did great with them in the lineup after the Corvo trade (in which offensive D Corvo replaced defensive D Commodore).

Which more negatively affects a team's offense: replacing Hedican/Wesley with Pitkanen and Melichar/Babchuk, or losing Cole/Williams/Walker?

And if you look closer at the stats, you'll see that the main cause of the drop in offense comes from the powerplay. It was 8th the year before and I believe was 29th or 30th when Laviolette was fired. What in the world does the lack of defensive defensemen have to do with the powerplay?

I'm sorry, but am I reading a different quote than you?

"It's really not about the last four or five games," Rutherford said. "It's about changing to get the chemistry back on our team, to get the confidence back on our team and make what I would say minor adjustments in a system that really worked in the Stanley Cup year. But teams have adjusted to it, and our team hasn't adjusted over the last couple of years."
I disagree.

wallym is offline   Reply With Quote