View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 02:39 AM
Yeaoh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
So we'll know Perry's intentions pretty soon then, if he is intent on testing the market, then i think we have no choice but to trade him....you know he'll get some idiotic offer we can't match....
I agree that if there is no deal signed before the trade deadline we have to trade him or Getzlaf.

I'm not so sure Perry will be seeking a HUGE payday. Obviously he will ask more than he got until now, but I could really see both of them signing at 6.6-7 mill per. IMO Perry is comfortable here in Anaheim especially as he is not exposed to the media too often as they tend to talk to Selanne or Ryan.
Every time Perry is in front of the camera he looks like he'd rather take head shots from Scott Stevens. Can you imagine Perry in a market like Toronto, Montreal or Philly? IMO this is the ideal situation for him here. He is a star but doesn't get scrutinized if he doesn't score in 2 games. However he will want some sort of assurance the Ducks will continue to be a playoff contender. He is a winner and doesn't want to play on a Columbus or NY Islanders style team (no offense).

All things considered I am positive about those 2 until proven otherwise. What really bumps me is that we will lose Ryan to UFA imo