View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 01:40 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeLincolnsGhost View Post
I also don't care for signing RFAs to offer sheets. None of those guys outside of Rask is worth giving up any picks for. Now, if they fell to UFA status by not being qualified, then I'm all for trying to sign one of them, but how many are going to get that far? I can only think Mason might not get qualified.

Of the UFA's I don't think any would be a good solution outside of a 1 year contract. I dislike Smith, too. I also don't see Howard hitting FA. So maybe Thomas or Khudobin. I don't know anything about Khudobin, and Thomas is again not really a multi-year solution in my estimation.

Bernier might be possible to trade for his rights though, so I'll leave him on there too. I don't know anything about Hackett's situation. I see it being pretty much down to those 5.
Yep, I think your list is close. Khudobin has always looked good from my vantage point and I'd be fine taking a chance on Thomas too. I like the idea of a franchise goalie but we're in win-now mode and Lu is a franchise goalie whose done his fair share of franchising already for a high price until he's in a wheelchair.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote