View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 02:46 AM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Nice strawman. Nobody said he's "fine". People are saying that giving the 2C to a player that the coach felt was inferior to a juniors player for the 4th line role is premature. Since you don't have anything tangible to actually refute that, and Holland hasn't actually outperformed Bonino at any level, I'm really not sure what your rationale is.
Lol I'm getting accused of strawman from the first guy in this, I suppose this is some form of spat, to do so. I never really said Bonino has been outplayed. I admitted that I have no way of proving that Holland's AHL play > Bonino's performance. I don't have a rationale. I don't need one. I don't like Bonino there. I've never been a part of the group that thinks he's a future 30-40 point 2c with the right guidance. I've only seen flashes from Bonino and that's it. It's not that I don't like the kid. I just don't see him as being much. To me he strikes me as a bigger Andrew Ebbett only bigger and better at D.

I simply don't feel comfortable with this team trying to make the playoffs with Bonino anchoring Selanne and Ryan. Do I think it's a guarantee that Holland will do a better job? No. I have a feeling, but I can easily be wrong. What I'm saying is, we should give Bonino a little more time to gel there and give some serious thought to other options if it doesn't work out. Even if that's a quick experiment with Holland at 2c. Give him a chance to, you know prove himself. We keep saying Holland hasn't proven he's better than Bonino, and then that defaults to the belief that we shouldn't even bother giving him a chance to do so. Because a one game experiment (keep in mind before you take things personally again that I'm arguing this point against a general group that carries this belief) with Holland on that second line would, I guess, be disastrous. He HAS to work his way up from 4c, but then I gotta ask, if Rakell keeps earning his chance there at the 4c, (a line which I don't see fitting Holland's style very well as it is), and we don't want to separate Koivu from his line, and we aren't sending down Holland to play 3 in 4, and we want to give Bonino his shot to be the 2c anchor...when and how exactly is Holland supposed to get his chance?

Last edited by DuckJet: 01-23-2013 at 02:55 AM.
DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote