View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 03:03 AM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I was just going through archived tsn videos and Perry and Getzlaf were mentioned on insider trading. McKenzie said Perry's agent was going to California in the next 7-10 days to meet with Perry and have a "strategy session" about whether they're going to negotiate with Anaheim or test the market. He said Getzlaf is a good bet to re-sign and a deal was very close in the summer.

So basically confirmed our speculation - that Getzlaf is staying and Perry may or may not test the market.
I don't doubt that is a realistic possibility and maybe even probability. But am I the only one who thinks Getz left money on the table last time so Perry could end up with the exact same dollars (over the life of the contracts, not each year) while the Ducks struggled to clear cap space?

I realize there is no such thing as loyalty in sports anymore, but I'd like to think if Getz signs early it might influence Perry to work a little harder at getting a deal done in ANA rather than just looking for a few dollars more (him and Clint Eastwood. )