View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 02:36 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Just pointing out I definitely did not ever say Bickle was THE problem. I know you were replying to Machine but some peopel responded to me as if I had said Bickle was our only issue.

To me he is just 1 problem that I feel we could easily address and fix. Other more pressing problems like Rich, Hag, gabs, the D...those I think will require some time to get going thanks to no camp. I am willing to be patient for them and I am willing to wait a few more games for STu however I do feel strong in my opinion that he is just this bad we should remove him now. Obviouslyt I don't advocate removing him for no reason I asked about McI and understand this would be very unwise so that leaves Eminger or someone to be named...or I turn out wrong and Bickle turns it around. I hope he does he made an enormour improvement and played adequately during parts of last season but I think he shot his...ummm....well that was an abberration and I think he is back to being AHL at best
Not so sure it's as easy as it looks. Quality d-men around the league are in short supply and therefore have value. On the Rangers own roster Eminger is a possibility. He is not as tough as Bickel and that may be an element that Tortorella does not want to take out of his lineup. Gilroy--forget it. I'm sick and tired of people acting like he's a real option. His offense is way overrated and his defense is absolutely horrible. He's about as soft as it gets. Skates and handles the puck better? Sure--to what end?

In the system there's not much in Hartford. A developing McIlrath. The other d-men with some NHL experience Collins and Vernace have not looked good. Neither had Gilroy when he was there.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote