Thread: NHL 14: Wishlist
View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 03:32 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
fix the damn roster management. They've been using the same basic menu setup for like 6-8 years now, just tacking on new features as extra menus when they come out. Give me one access point from which I can conduct trades/FA signings, edit players, edit contract info/rights, assign to the AHL/call up from the NHL/whatever. I'm talking about doing this in the game's basic roster management, not from within a GM mode or the like.

Also clean up the rosters. There are tons of guys on the FA list by default that haven't sniffed leagues that are relevant to the game in multiple years. Chris Beckford-Tseu hasn't played meaningful hockey in 2 years. But he's on the list and rated high enough to be a viable AHL goalie. Evgeny Artyukhin is on the list even though he went back to the KHL 3 years ago and probably will never return. And he's rated highly enough to crack some NHL teams' rosters. I get that some people might want to see these guys on their teams again or in GM connected or whatever, but for the 99.9% of us who aren't Artyukhin fans, having him pop up and displace a legitimate piece of an NHL/AHL roster is kind of annoying. All they need to do is make a second FA list. Have one "NHL Free Agent" list and one "world FA list". Only the NHL FAs show up if you're playing one of the GM modes, and both FA lists are there if you play season as a EUropean team or whatever else.

And someone needs to do proper QC on the non-NHL rosters. Maybe they can't keep them as spotlessly up-to-date as the NHL, but they should reflect a good portion of player movement at least at the AHL and CHL levels. The poster child screw-up for this is former DEL goalie Robert Mueller. He appeared on the roster of the Cologne Sharks up until last year's version of the game. NHL 13 is the first time since the DEL started appearing in the game that Mueller wasn't on a German team roster.

Problem was that he stopped playing in 2008 and died in 2009. And nobody caught this for 4 more iterations of the game (NHLs 09 through 12).

It shouldn't be that hard to have 2 or 3 people whose primary job is just to keep the roster up to date and accurate. I finally see that they've applied some updates to the CHL rosters, adding 2013 draftees and the like (And fixing stuff like players who are on pro teams still being in the CHL), but the European leagues are still largely out of whack and could use a lot of cleaning up and the FA list is insane.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote