Thread: Post-Game Talk: Hawks 3, Blues 2
View Single Post
01-23-2013, 04:42 AM
Kruger Line=2.75 Men
vCash: 500
Kane (early) and Saad were impressive. Kruger made two nice defensive plays, but offensively still is quite challenged. Crawford was strong, came up big when the Hawks fell into a defensive shell, and as other posters have said, didn't play the puck well.

After my one live viewing of Saad earlier this year, I commented on how great he is at reading the play, particularly defensively. Gets into the passing lane and disrupts the play. Has a long reach. Is physical. Offensively, his instincts are just as good. The line of Saad-Toews-Hossa is big, talented, and smart. I'm guessing it will dominate most games.

The one big difference so far this year from the SC team is that the SC team wouldn't have gone into a defensive mode after going up 3-0. The would have continued the attack. First and second periods it was nice to see the Hawks turn the play around in the neutral zone and from the defensive zone very quickly once puck possession was attained, and attack with aggression. They certainly haven't done that much over the past two years. Very reminiscent of 2010.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote