View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 08:08 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
I get the feeling I've been unclear. I don't care for PK's actions if they are the sign of a forming trend. Not every accidental slight needs rough justice in return. What, is Kessel not going to unintentionally bump Miller again because some third liner knocks him to the ice? It's not like Tootoo taking a flying leap here
Kessel and most of his teammates will become less likely to skate near the crease if they know that if they touch Miller by doing so, they'll get pummeled. This gives Miller more room to operate, and in turn gives the team a better chance to win.

Contrary to popular opinion, most hockey players don't like getting beat up. Will getting jumped by Kaleta stop a guy like Hartnell? Not likely. But it sure as hell will have a skill guy like Kessel thinking twice about getting that close.

This fluffy, Hello Kitty Island Adventure world you live in is how the Sabres GOT their reputation for being soft, and other teams took advantage of it. Being tough is part of the psychology of the game. Not goonery for the sake of goonery, but standing up and imposing your will on your opponent. If you change THEIR game, you can play YOUR game better.

Passive, just take the power play hockey is ***** hockey, and will never take you far.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote