View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 07:18 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I think this team can make the playoffs, but only in the unlikely event that everything goes right.

Basically, when people make injury-free rosters, I see a playoff team. I agree that losing Markov, Gionta, Moen, was bad. However, there are new injuries every year.

This team's depth is pretty thin, particularly on defense. Right now it's missing Subban so that's basically equivalent to missing Markov all of last year.
You can't compare losing Markov with losing White or Nokelainen. There are simply players you can't replace. If Chara misses 40 games this year, Boston will drop dramatically in the standings and struggle to make the playoffs. If they lose Chara and Krejci(25 games) they probably miss the playoffs. And if Rask struggles on top of that they might pick top 5.

I think the defense is a lot deeper than last year. Subban is out and Markov replaces him, plus Emelin and Diaz are noticeably better. Kaberle is running the #2 PP when he would be #1 on just about any other team. Ideally we would move Kaberle for a big stay at home(Gill in his prime).

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote