View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 07:29 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Another good thing, Vanek's ice time.Over the first 2 games Vanek has gotten 19 minutes a game, which would be a career high for Vanek.I really hope Lindy continues to give him the premier ice time, I can see Tommy contending for the Art Ross this year as long as he is given 18-19+ mins a game, instead of his 16 minutes like Ruff usually gives him.
His ES time isn't too far off where it was in the last the two seasons. He's averaging 14:49 ES/TOI this year. He averaged 13:36 last year, and 14:01 the year before. I'd imagine when he's not scoring around 3pts/game and the schedule gets even more condensed, that ESTOI will level out around 14 mins.

The big difference is he's getting 4:15 of PPTOI/game, which is the phase where he excels. That's over a full minute more than the previous two seasons, and is largely driven by the league again calling interference, and, thus, more penalties. I wouldn't be too surprised if this heightened sensitivity to interference goes the way of the dinosaurs as the season progresses, thereby decreasing his PP time.

I think he'll finish around an average TOI of 17:45/game. That's about right for him considering he's not an elite ES player, and he doesn't play the PK. It's a safe bet, though, that he leads the team in ES + PP TOI, though that may not be enough for some who simply look at overall TOI.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote