Thread: Speculation: Nino seeking trade?
View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 07:40 AM
IslandersFan17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexlyspeed View Post
yeah i hope he negotioated with Garth Snow's replacement too.

this is all so frustrating. and imagine how frustrating it is as a player, can you really blame Nino? look at how this organization is run. yes i know he had 1 goal last year, but who was he playing with?

finally he has some confidence back and they dont even invite him to camp? instead they pull all these guys off of waivers? that is a slap in the face! but will it ever change? would you risk your short window of an NHL career to find out?

we can all hope this changes when the team moves to Brooklyn (this is not a "we should stay on long island" post, i love the brooklyn move), but can we be certain? i am not so sure anymore.
But what prospect made the team? I could understand if Strome, Reinhart, Nelson and/or Donovan had been given a shot at the big club. However, before the kids could take their gear off from practice they told them to just pack it because they were heading back to their respective affiliates.

The fact of the matter here is maturity. Which comes as a huge surprise to me, because Nino was touted as a very "high character" young man coming into his draft year. Nino was not passed over for anyone else within the organization and I am willing to bet Nino is the first call up in the event of injury.

Everyone knows this shortened (everything) will change the style of hockey the NHL offers. Between the condensed (everything) and the lack of continuity, players will be hurt, under perform, over achieve, etc...

Nino is developing his game in the minors and getting the minutes that are required to develop.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote