View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 08:31 AM
RedMenace
So Long, and Thanks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
You're just looking for reasons to call out Smith; he hasn't been nearly as bad as you're claiming, and Quincey has been much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Franzen has been playing well, and surprisingly has been physical, engaged, and defensively active. Will it last? Maybe, maybe not. We can hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
He's a bit streaky but by the end of the season, he'll somehow manage to be the leading goal scorer and he'll still get ragged.
I wouldn't go as far as saying he's playing "well," but he hasn't been terrible, and at the rate the Wings are going, the title of "leading scorer" might not carry too much weight.

Quote:
Wings can't really score very well at the moment, so the fans are putting rookies under the microscope. He'll be fine. I think this was his best game of the three so far. He's figuring out how to use his speed a bit better. He'll learn to be more physical as the games wear on. Next, he has to find his offensive flair. He's still being overly cautious.
See, I think he's not being cautious enough and trying to do too much -- especially paired with Quaker State. Honest question: Is La Quinta supposed to be an offensive or defensive defenseman? In fact, maybe Babcock should try him at forward, because he's looking less like a defenseman and more like a takingupspaceandcausingissuesonthebluelineman at this point.

Quote:
Hell, our idiot coach had Lashoff in more offensive type settings than Smitty, who's supposed to be a future PP QB. Maybe it's a reverse psychology kind of thing, to scare him into it.
Lolwut?

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote