View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Mergus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
At best 2nd liner? Considering he's already playing on the 1st line...

Like I said in the prospects thread, I would still do the trade, but I think we may have jumped the gun on the Foligno > Kassian talk. Kassian still is a very promising, unique player. I hope he becomes the beast we think he can be. He also fought the other night.
Playing on the 1st line doesn't make you a 1st line player. No one projects Kassian as a true 1st line player. Burrows played on the Sedin's line before.. is he a first line player?

Come on, there is no question that Hodgson's ceiling is higher. They are different players. I think it is a lot harder to address skill than it is to address grit. Kassian has some offensive skill, but you're reaching if you think he will ever be more than a 50-60 point player. Hodgson has the talent to far eclipse those numbers.

I'd agree that Kassian may very well end up a better player than Foligno, but I'd still take Foligno any day of the week. He just plain and simply has a better attitude and I don't think there will be THAT big of a difference between their effectiveness on the ice.

Mergus is offline   Reply With Quote