ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holotypic View Post
Good points as always Cole.

As I stated in a different thread I think our forecheck looks completely different too. Last year it seemed like we sent two players full force into the zone even when it was obvious the opposing team would get the puck first. This year we seem much more content in sending one player in, and sitting back and letting the play develop.

This is cutting a major portion of odd man rushes going against us, and when they do get an odd man rush the defensive gap control helps slow the rush down. The majority of shots against us so far have been from the outside which, especially in the Philly game, allowed Fleury to simplify his game. Hopefully we can continue the strong play tonight and Fleury can come away with another good outing and gain more of his confidence back.

I won't turn this into a goaltender discussion thread, but it was so weird to feel safe when Vokoun was handling the puck behind the net. Giving my heart a rest from the constant ache that occurs when Dre leaves his crease.
I tried to watch the forecheck and couldn't really figure out exactly what they wanted to do. It's a 1-2-2... but it almost looks like a 1-1-1-2. They send two hard on occasion and one slow on set breakouts. It's a little mix of both.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote