View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 08:57 AM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I have one hope stemming from this game, and that is I hope this game defines us. I hope it defines us not only from this point forward in our season, but for years to come. Each and every player should have went in the room after the game thinking and saying "that is how we play. If we play like that every game we can go toe-to-toe with any team in the league. If anyone doesn't feel like putting in the effort like we did tonight, take off the jersey and don't bother stepping on the ice." This game should be how the Winnipeg Jets play. Every. Single. Game. I want that type of intensity and effort to be engraved when a player puts on the Jets jersey.

(...)
Apparently, Jokinen was overhead by media heading into the dressing room shouting "THAT'S what it feels like to win a tough back to back on the road!", or something to that effect.

Agree wholeheartedly with your post regarding effort, etc. An example of a team that typically surpasses their skill level is Pheonix - between Tippet's coaching, sticking to their game plan, and almost always putting in a consitent effort, we all saw how far you can go based on where they ended up last year.

Futher to your comments: Little did an interview where he said that they simply let it get into their head that these road games and back to backs were somehow more difficult than the home game (which they are, but...). Talked a lot about mindset. It's obvious that there's a lot of chatter going on about how to fix the mental aspect of their game.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote