View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
A friend texted me during the game and said simply, "they are playing BIG". It's true, even small guys like Slater and Burmi are playing big. It appears as if adding size and just that much more talent has made everyone play bigger and feel more confident.
Indeed, I agree. I love how big we are playing, and I love our forward depth right from line 1 to 4. Just watching this team this year, you can just feel how much bigger we are and how much more forward depth we have. Those 2 things have really jumped out at me these last 2 games.

And, I love that Jimmy Slater dropped the mitts even if he really didn't have to near the end of the 2nd period. We're showing team toughness by doing that. I love a team that even if we're up 3-4 goals and momentum is in our hands, we'll still go you, we're confident in our abilities and not afraid of giving you momentum. And props to Thorburn for going Hendricks later in the game. Team toughness. I love it.

On top of how we've played the last two games, I am stoked to see Peluso. If this kid can play the way we want and need him to - skate, hit, finish his checks, be responsible defensively, fight, be a spark plug out there... that will be perfect and go hand in hand with how we need to do things.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote