View Single Post
01-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Puck You
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
Desharnais has one good season, Atkinson and Conacher are hardly established in the NHL. The other guys are good prospects or NHL players that have had a solid year or two. The common thread among every single one of them mentioned? They are all bigger than Gaudreau. The most generous estimation of his size I've seen is 5'8" 153. I've seen him play, he's 5'7" at most. The lightest guy among those you mentioned is at least 15-20 pounds heavier than Gaudreau, which is a huge difference. Nobody that is that small has had the impact in the modern NHL that people project Gaudreau will have.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I've seen Gaudreau play, and he's a great player. His vision, anticipation, and hockey IQ is great. But people seriously need to stop trying to justify him as a guaranteed hit prospect. He's a good, legitimate, quality NHL prospect. He is not the god you paint him out to be.
way too much comparing going on there Billy.

and dont act like Johnny cant grow in 2-3 years as he will likely have that time before ever worrying about the pro game (NHL).

everyone has seen Gaudreau play now, and without question he is one of the more exciting prospects around. he is always going to have question marks about his size, same with Grimaldi, but Gaudreau has proven everyone wrong at every level he has played at.

I am not going to say he is going to be a NHL player or NHL star, but as it stands currently, this kid is exactly what the league needs, and I firmly believe he is a top 20 prospect right now without a doubt. people over-pimp size way too much on here and in scouting, sometimes players simply make it on their skill level,work ethic and drive...all areas where Johnny excels at.

kid has a bright bright future ahead.