View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 10:58 AM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
I really expected things to rebound last night after the bad loss in Ottawa, so it was a pretty disappointing effort. It starts with another poor 1st period where we let up way too many shots. Sure, there was plenty of time to come back, especially down 2-1 at one point, but a good start to the game would have helped momentum for the rest of the game tremendously.

Otherwise, just like in the Ottawa game, the top two lines are not gelling together at all and it really is sad that guys like Skille and Matthias have been the best forwards on the ice. Weiss I thought looked a bit better in this game, but still just looks off. Whether it's due to sickness or whatever, hopefully that changes.

We're really being shown how much Goc, Bergy, Guds, and Versteeg are needed. Especially, Goc as we seemed to keep losing key faceoffs. Guds too to help match the physical play. Also, we were getting physically outmatched and you could definitely notice it midway through the game with the fatigue factor setting in, playing 3 games in 4 nights. I saw Parros tried to get something going towards the end of the game with Moen, but why didn't this happen earlier after Montreal's 3rd goal?

The main problem I see is that the Panthers just can't set up once they get into the opposition's zone. Over the last two games, typically it's one man into the zone when nobody is close enough to follow and either the puck gets taken away or the man has to dump it into the corner to only go back the other way. The shots we seem to be getting are when we actually get something set up and get four or five shots in a row.

Also, you cannot expect to win going 1 for 8 on the PP with a 5-minute PP that had 1:36 of a 5 on 3. That was absolutely pathetic.

I'll be honest. I have almost no hope of beating Ottawa at home tomorrow night with their record against us. I don't know if most of the issues are a mental problem or what. Even though it's far from time to hit the panic button, in a shortened season, you can't get yourself into a deep hole like they're on the verge of doing. It's even tougher to come back.