View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 12:17 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
I don't disagree that the team has holes, but I see it a little differently.

If Knuble could be the 3rd guy on the top line, I think Brouwer could fill that role well enough for them to devote resources elsewhere.

2nd line wingers. Looks like they are going with band-aids while waiting for the Kuznetsovs and Forsbergs. Wolski had looked pretty good and I'd like Fehr to get a shot, but I'm more partial to him than most. Definitely a problem now and might be in the future depending on how well the young guys translate.

I think it's well known that I don't care for Laich. $4.5M for a 3rd line winger is terrible resource management. That line could have Chimera and Mojo for speed and Ward for cycling/retrieval/rebound duty.

4th line. I'm fine with the Hendricks/Beagles/Crabbs of the world competing for spots and getting PK time.

I'd argue that the top pair is Alzner-Carlson and they should be looking for a 2LD to pair with Green. Cut down his ES minutes. One of Poti or Hamrlik should be able to fill that hole this year.

Hamrlik-Orlov would be a good 3rd pair.

I'm later to the party than most, but I've given up on Schultz. I see him as a buyout candidate but I doubt management does. Erskine in small doses is fine as a #7.
Knuble is no longer with the team.