View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 11:22 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
The problem with moving Bouwmeester is we would need a piece back that helps us down the road.

Most of the proposals so far dont do that. If we can't get said piece I think we will just hang onto him.
I wrote this a few weeks ago-- and a few people here have alluded to it: If Calgary at half of the cap hit/salary, such that the team acquiring J-Bo would have him on the books next year for a 3.3M cap hit, then I think you'd find a number of suitors in the East willing to give up decent assets.

At 6.6M, nobody is going to bite, not where the cap is next year. The more Calgary eats, the more interested suitors and the bigger the return. At 3.3M, I think you'd actually get a decent hockey trade, because warts and regression notwithstanding, I think a lot of hockey teams will see value in J-Bo at a 3.3M hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Gustaffson, 1st 2014 for Jaybo. I'd do it if I'm the flyers, he's the exact type of defensemen we lack right now.
Do you want him on your books next year for 6.6M? That's just over 10% of your cap space on J-Bo. As a Pens fan, I really do hope you do want that, but I doubt Homer goes for that. If Calgary ate 1/2 or close to that of the salary, then I could see that type of offer. But, not J-Bo at full cap hit . . .

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote