View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I think you all have VERY short term memory or have never seen Markov play.

pre injury Markov IS better than current PK. If he holds up and it seems after last night that he will, he is STILL better than current PK. Add to that Markov is playing and PK is playing Playstation, it's kind of a no brainer who's more important to the Habs right now.
Well by that logic I guess Ryan White is more important to the Habs to because he's playing and... what? He's suspended for a game? Uh, well... nevermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I did say I think he has as much if not more skill than Markov. I think there is a huge difference between character assassination and pointing out what needs refinement in his game. I love the kid. I just think Markov gave him a 101 on how to be a #1 defenseman last night. And I agree he's 23 years old and he's not there yet. Pretty much exactly my point. I know you didn't mean to target my post specifically though and I wholeheartedly agree with you. There is positive criticism then there is outright bashing.

Just too bad that on these boards sometimes the second you bring up a point about a player you're labeled a hater. The polarization on here is crazy sometimes.
Markov had a great game last night but it was against a Panthers team that had played 3 games in 4 nights. Not really much of a test.

It's great that he played well but this is the first time since coming back that we've seen much from him. Let's see how he does for the rest of the year before giving him the Norris.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
First of all, comparing Subban to Markov is totally ridiculous. They have two completely different physical styles and skill sets. Let's just be happy we can enjoy both (hopefully) at the same time for a little while longer.

Second thing: trading Subban out of frustration is the worst move the Habs could make. It's all about getting, paying and keeping the best assets. Subban is an asset we need to keep. If we trade him because of yet another case of franchise ADHD, we may as well start kicking ourselves now.

That said, we have no idea how far apart the two sides are and what agendas are actually in play. Despite all his sound-bites to the contrary, it is possible PK secretly wants out.
Please don't say this. If PK is gone we're really messed up for the future. THAT would be the darkest day...