View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
Really liked what I saw last night, but why do the sharks have a tendancy to fall back when they get a big lead. It just seemed like from the second period on, they played more conservative than they did in the first and almost let Edmonton back in it.

As for some quick observations after two games, I'm happy to see Marleau on a tear. With all the criticism he gets (And I'm one of those critics), when he is on, he's fun to watch. Also, is it me or did Thornton get that magical passing back? He had some great passes last night, especially the behind the back pass to Marleau. I know both are not going to keep this up, but it is fun to watch that chemistry.

Nice to see Shepperd finally play, but he was kind of useless other than his first shift. Maybe it was rust, but hopefully he adds some kind of depth to that line.

Looking forward to the home opener.
no use going full out when you have a 5 goal lead, 5 goal night is a great night for any team in the league, coming back just to tie a game up with 5 goals is near impossible.

then add in the fact it is, the 2nd game of a lock out shortened season. where they had no preseason games, and barely a training camp. in a 6-1 game, it is the best place and time to try out new lines, try out new plays.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote