Thread: Post Game Talk: Game 3 : DAL @ DET 3 Stars and Wrapup
View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 11:46 AM
TatarTangle

vCash: 500
Lehtonen wasn't challenged that much, he's just solid position wise. And he's 6'4''. For the past couple years the Red Wings have boosted their shot tally by taking outside shots that have no chance of going in, especially against a goalie like Lehntonen.

Howard, however, didn't have his work cut out for him. My initial thought was if he continues to play like this they are going to have to pay him A LOT of money to stay.

Wasn't that bad of a game, I wasn't sure who was going to win so the Red Wings losing didn't surprise me. I'm almost disinterested, I know going in it's not going to be that exciting of a hockey game, at least from the Red Wings standpoint, even with Nyquist in the line-up because I knew he wasn't going to be utilized.

Babcock needs to start using Tootoo more, he makes things happen out there, not by his offensive skills but by his speed and willingness to go into the corners and lay out some punishment. Bob hinted at playing Tootoo on the first line the other day and I'm at the point where I'd agree. Dump the puck in and let him go get it. He doesn't have stone hands, he makes some smart passes.

It'd be best for the Red Wings to decline any penalty thrown at the other team and remain at even strength. Their powerplay is even more embarassing than the St. Louis game.

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote