View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 11:48 AM
HabsSlappy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Markov has 1 good game in 2 years against a dead beat team and now we are ready to move on and trade PK.

Genius fans living in the past.

Markov is to the Canadiens as to Lidstrom was for the Wings .. really GTFO

Only difference was that Lidstrom was tough as nails and never injured and Markov is fragile and injury prone.

I'll take a team of 20 PK Subban's over 20 Markov's

PK can come close to Markov's greatest assets, but Markov can't come close to PK's greatest assets.
Reading comprehension lacking. I never said that. I said he is a poor man's Lidstrom and gave numbers to back up how important he is to the Habs by looking at the record with him and without him.

I will concede that it is possible that the trend will not continue but don't claim that "genius fans are living in the past" since I am pretty sure you don't have a crystal ball and don't know Markov's impact this season either. I was just giving a comparison. Use any other #1 dman in the league who misses significant time and the team has trouble. Philly without Pronger...whatever comparison you feel is fair, the comparison is not my argument.

That being said, I am not even arguing with your premise. I think Subban is the most important player on the Habs because of his ceiling and his undeniable will to win. He has that something that you just can't teach and he also makes the Habs a boat load of money because he is probably the only marketable player on the Habs. I don't think we should be messing around and we should sign him long term to fair money.