View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
1 pt in 55 games last year isn't exactly flattering. He could very well be a "bust" prospect. Obviously its to soon to make that call, but hes not really that impressive of a prospect. I think Brennan would not be a bad deal for us. PPG AHL D (Only behind Justin S) Since we have a logjam on D here. After Streit who is getting up there in age, the Isles don't have any quality offensive power play D men.
A bit premature to say one way or another. Last year was a waste in every sense of the word, but they were fortunate that the lockout came and allowed him to develop in the AHL. Now, he's at nearly a point/game pace in what, until recently, was a very talented league--his numbers were nearly identical to Granlund's--who had the benefit of playing in the middle--and were better than players like Jaden Schwartz and even Ryan Johansen. Nobody would call those other guys "busts," and that word shouldn't be used about Nino because of the way he was mishandled by the Isles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Rather have both than one.

Would people be willing to give up McNabb for Nino?? I talked to some Islander fans and they said they would be looking for something around McNabb or Pysyk.
I'd think long and hard about a deal around McNabb. I think Nino has 1st line winger upside, while I see McNabb as more of a 2nd pairing type if all goes well. They both bring some bang to the game, and neither's game is yet free of warts.