Old
01-23-2013, 11:58 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I really dislike how venomous our fan base is towards most players who aren't Rangers. Subban is a lockerroom cancer? Where is that information coming from? Wouldn't take him on the team for free? Subban is probably overrated on these boards overall, but he's underrated on ours, that's for sure. In my humble opinion, overall, he is roughly twice the defenseman that Del Zotto is. I think Subban is miles better defensively than you guys give him credit for. That doesn't mean I don't think he gets overrated on the main boards either; it means I think the truth is in the middle and you guys absolutely shred him when he really is a developing stud. He has the offensive talent to produce more than he has. He plays HUGE minutes. He is steady enough defensively to be a top pair defender (ESPECIALLY with a guy like Staal or McDonagh on his left) and if he were on our second pairing (assume McD+G/Staal+Subban) we would literally have THE deepest top four in all of hockey, hands down. He can play on the top PK and PP. He can give you 25 minutes a night. He hits. He'll fight. He'll score. He can create his own offense. And he's got plenty of time to keep getting better. I would consider moving MDZ for him if our third pairing wouldn't be so bad after the fact. I would give up a decent package of prospects/picks for him if it would get the job done. I would take him on this team 100/100 times. Do you realize how much he would thrive simply by going on being leaned on 25 minutes a night as THE main defensive option, since the age of 21, to being one of four guys who can all play that role? How much that could open up his game, both offensively and in terms of taking pressure off him defensively and allowing him to improve on his decision making?

I'd consider something like

MDZ + 2nd + Thomas (I'd add if necessary) for Subban + Emelin or Weber, so that we'd have a reasonable third pairing guy coming back as well.

They're pretty venomous to players who are Rangers.