View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 12:10 PM
MonsterSurge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I will break this down for you.

Hemsky is a top line player who's value is severley diminished due to exactly what you said.

Kunitz is a 2nd/3rd line tweener. He fits in well on a top line in Pittsburgh but by himself he is not a top line player, Sutter is a 3rd liner, Orpik is a 2nd pairing D who was terrible last year.

If Hemsky was healthy and we knew what he would give a team every year within reason and it was what he has shown he is capable of, he would be worth far more than any of those players but since he has questions about his health he is only worth somewhere around what those players are worth.

I'm not trying to say this as an insult, Hemsky is a better player than any of those guys and I am taking into account his history when I said I think the value is fair.

Again, I don't think the Penguins would do that deal but it doesn't mean that the value is bad. It means it doesn't work for the Penguins. Those are two different things.
Orpik is our only REALLY physicaly d-man. He has been fighting injuries for the past two years. Hemsky is soft.

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote