View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Jerk Store*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Subban's a commercial bonanza for a small-medium market team. If I'm the New York Islanders or Florida, how much would Subban help the financial health of my team? How much is the visibility he brings to my club worth? 6 M/year? 7M/year? There's only one Subban in the NHL. Del Zotto is a comparable to the on-ice contribution only. Del Zotto will never have a national Gatorade contract or be on the cover of national US magazines? If I'm the owner of a team struggling to pays the bills, I go out of my way to get Subban.
No disrespect, but the MTL fan base gets excited when Bourque crosses the blue line. Doesn't mean every fan base is the same. That aside, your argument makes no sense at all. You talk as if Subban is some sort of David Beckham, or even Sidney Crosby. You realize this is a Dman who has yet to score 40 pts, is so far a career +2 player, etc. Just cause Montreal is excited about him, doesn't mean everybody is, and I doubt the local star power he has holds any sort of water in contract negotiations. In fact, I'm pretty certain.