View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Mad Habber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
This sums up our problems as Hab fans right here. Let's not get carried away. He had one good game paired with an allstar.

He's been average so far in the NHL imo. Nothing I've seen so far warrants such outlandish overration.

And to the OP 7M? I can see why some of us want to throw the kitchen sink at PK.. disgusting.

Komi was a former top 10
streit was actually good
Souray was a dumb signing and everyone knew it, he had a fluke year. Diaz will get like 2M. He will get a bunch of short deals because noone will trust him. Like Ian White.
Gotta disagree at the end.
Komi didn't get his big contract just because he was a former top 10 pick. He earned it by playing on the top pairing in Montreal with the top D, Markov.

Streit was good offensively. His coaches in Montreal wouldn't play him on defense. Diaz plays on D.

Souray - dumb signing, sure. but a fluke year?
63 15 20 35
75 12 27 39
81 26 38 64
26 3 7 10
81 23 30 53

Doesn't look like a fluke to me. A career year, but not a fluke.

All those guys got their big contracts after being paired with Markov. Either by padding their point total on the PP or just by being on the top pairing with a top 5 D in the league. And lets not forget Schneider. 23 games 5 goals and 12 assists which is a pace of 18-43-61 over a full season.

Souray had his career year with 64 points in 06-07
Streit had his with 62 points in 07-08
Markov had his with 64 points in 08-09
Three years in a row with career seasons with one common denominator.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote