Thread: Latvia: Latvian prospects
View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Latgale_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
My Latvian Top Prospects list right now (it`s not the ranking based on the players potential,but based on how good they are doing in their respective leagues)

1.Roberts Lipsbergs- no competitors for him so far,ripping up the WHL 36gp17g15a=32p

2.Rihards Bukarts - in the begining of the season he had a slow start but it looks he has bounced back 46gp 15g 14a=29p

3,Nikita Jevpalovs-is doing okay-ish in CHL,was excpecting more from him 38gp 9g 10a = 19p

4.Zemgus Girgensons- His stats may not be all that impressive but you have to take in mind thats it`s his first season as a professional 31 gp 3g 6a =9p

5.Teodors Blugers- Blugers is still adjusting to NCAA,was decent wjcs 22 gp 3g 10a=13p

6.Edgars Klavins-Started with an impressive debut in SEL,but has been invisible for quite some time 28gp 1g 4a=5p
I wouldn't be that hard on Blugers, 22g and 13 pts in NCAA is not that bad stats for a rookie, it's a serious league, more serious than any of CHL leagues. Maybe bit more goals should be expected but Minnesota has the average age around 22 and he's like the youngest guy on the roster there....

Also Haralds Egle is 33 games 20+23=43 pts in EJHL at the age of 16, hope next year he moves to USHL or CHL leagues and then we'll see if there's another great prospect coming. He's now 11th in the league at scoring and the guys in front of him are 2 years older so I believe he won't stay in that league another year. Seeing with what ease he went from Empire (where he played last year) to EJHL this year, if can step another level higher and continue to tear it up...

Last edited by Latgale_fan: 01-23-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote