Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
Our team really isn't that hard to fix but McPhee needs to do it right away.

Subtract Joel Ward, Jeff Schultz, John Erskine, and Jason Chimera.

Add a player like Center Darren Helm as the third line center with the occasional switch with Marcus Johansson. Add a mid-aged defenseman, I suggested a guy like Jordan Leopold if we could get him, to pair with Green on the FIRST line. It's clear Alzner and Carlson are not ready to bump up to the first pair.

Lineup should look like this:

Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wolski
Brouwer, Ribeiro, Laich
Perreault, Helm, Johansson
Crabb, Beagle, Hendricks
(Fehr)

Mid-Aged Defenseman, Green
Alzner, Carlson
Orlov, Kundratek
(Poti, Hamrlik)

Holtby
Neuvirth

In the future you could shop Neuvirth or Holtby for a forward to push Brouwer to the third line. You could also swap Johansson and Laich depending on how they both perform on their respected lines.

All this can be done this season. Yet I have a feeling it won't get done because we're too ***** enough to trade for anything. Last time I checked, we've got Forsberg/Kuznetsov/Wilson/Grubauer for depth. You could at least swap some draft picks and these players we don't want for some actual HELP.
Congratulations, you managed to post a lineup worse than ours somehow. I hope you realize that 3 of the 4 players you focused on getting rid of are not the problem.

Leopold blows, no idea why you're so fixated on him other than arbitrarily declaring him in the right "age group".