View Single Post
01-23-2013, 03:26 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by PETRYDISH View Post
Gagner and Hemmer straight takes our whole second line away. I'd think Gagner+Pjaarvi+2nd round pick or some other mix of prospects would be more reasonable. The goal is to still win games this season, and I don't think getting Luongo would mitigate losing all of our depth scoring.
Appriciate the feed back. Hemsky would be the player I'd be targetting though, and while I understand the logistical problems of rebuilding a second line as well as any fan base can (we're short Booth and Kesler at the moment), I think Gagner would be miscast as our third line center without an added offensive element to the mix.

Not that I'm trying to sell Lu to Edmonton, but he is excellent at mitigating the loss of scoring depth, and is one of the sole reasons we won games in the years after he was acquired.

Gagner+MPS+ isn't without some intrigue though, I will say that.

Depending on how Schroeder and Raymond do, adding MPS to that on an interm basis (until our second line returns) to that mix could make for a heck of a third scoring line, with Gagner holding the fort with a combo of Higgins, Hansen, Kassian or Burrows on the second.