View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 03:48 PM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
It was a good hockey trade, nobody destroyed anybody. We got a badly needed potential #1C in Hodgson, and Gillis got a very badly needed top-6 bruiser PF with upside in Kassian. I will say we won based on the Grags/Sulzer swap, but not destroyed by any means.

Foligno is NOT as aggressive or physical as Kassian, but I feel he has a higher ceiling offensively.
I think it's just the opposite, actually. Foligno brings a physical edge to the game with a lot more consistency than Kassian does, at least right now. There's no doubt in my mind that Kassian puts up more points if both reach their ceilings though. For a guy with Kassian's physical tools, his level of hockey sense and playmaking ability are pretty rare. Foligno can definitely keep up with more skilled players, but Kassian has the potential to create more on his own.
Hodgson's IQ, of course, is even better, and he looks like a great fit between Vanek and Pommer. And his on and off ice work ethic seem fantastic. Very excited about him -- future looks very bright.

If Sulzer keeps playing the way he has so far for Buffalo, we won the Sulzer/Grags swap by a landslide for sure.