Thread: Speculation: Nino seeking trade?
View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 02:54 PM
redbull
game on

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatTrick View Post
Leafs fan here. Always been a fan of Nino. Not sure what the needs of your team are, but what do you think it would take from our team to get him? We have a lot of young defensemen, if that helps.
Islanders need everything. I don't believe Isles will trade Nino but if they do, they'll probably want a young forward or young defenseman, NHL capable, probably with some experience.

From Toronto, I'd guess someone better than Cody Franson, along the lines of Jake Gardiner or Morgan Rielly (of which the answer will be "NO")

If Nino doesn't go public and put Snow in a position of weakness, maybe the deal is EASIER. But now, with the perception that Snow has to deal a disgruntled player that may never play with them (Turris being the extreme example), other GMs will look to STEAL this prospect.

It's a lose-lose for Nino, just because his agent is dumb.

Nino was awful in the NHL last year. But outside the Oilers wunderkidz, he was the top young player in the AHL, ahead of players like Granlund, Schenn, Couturier, Kadri, and others. He'll probably lead the AHL in goals if he finishes the year there, on pace for 40, and just turned 20. This is a very good player and a top prospect, regardless of his mishandling last year.

I don't think the Leafs need Nino, they really should focus on getting a #1 C. I've been saying for years that the Leafs should try and pry Bailey, he'd be a PERFECT centre for Kessel.

For Nino, I'd ask for Rielly or Gardiner.

Leafs should try and pry Bailey though, tell Nonis.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote