View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 02:56 PM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Gerbe is much better suited for Grigs wing then Hecht. Grigs right now already looks like a solid 3rd line center and even though he doesn't have a point yet I am very pleased with how he has looked. Very few 18 year olds are that defensively aware at that age, especially forwards. The points will come once he has a few games experience under his belt and earns a few more minutes at ES and some 2nd PP unit time. I'd actually like to see Grigs on the 1st unit playing with Pominville and Vanek.The last and maybe biggest reason why he needs to stay is face offs. The Sabres are 2nd last in FO%. Grigs is 2nd on the team behind Ott at 56%. Both Ennis and Hodgson are around 40%.We can ill afford to just send back down our best true center at face offs. Ott is not a true center, and it's quite obvious Grigs is much better at face offs then Ennis and Hodgson.
I would love to see PP units of:
Vanek-CoHo-Grigs
Pommer-Ehrhoff
(Roy's been having Grigorenko QB the PP from the right half wall all season, and he was great there. Also, a good place for him to use his one-timer)

and

Leino/Ott-Ennis-Stafford
Leopold-Myers

I don't expect Ruff to gift the kid any minutes, though. But I sure hope he'll get that opportunity if he earns it.