View Single Post
01-23-2013, 03:03 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi
vCash: 500
The AHL's weak response will likely carry this into an even uglier place sometime soon in my opinion.

Maybe not as embarrassing as empting the benches, but my guess is certain players will be targets moving forward. It also probably won't be Beach, McCardle and Brookbank, simply letting those guys hold court and do as they please hasn't changed the dynamic. Ferraro and Nicastro have let them have fair fights and taken punishment, but it didn't slow them down or make them think. Maybe watching Pirri take a convincing beating will sway them from their foolish behavior and that is what I think is coming. Had big punishment come it might have settled this down.

A part of this is the trend with Rockford. As Newfy points out on a sheer one off basis there isn't a ton here. But the evidence of behavior by those involved is overwhelming. There have been two ugly bench clearing brawls in the last year in the AHL and both had Rockford and Beach was at the heart of each. That is not a mistake and probably warrants more than he got. He needed multiple games and there has to be stunned reaction in the Griffins dressing room to the AHL's handling of this incident. Now more than ever it is clear it is in their hands to respond, simply standing up isn't good enough for Rockford or the AHL league office.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 01-23-2013 at 03:09 PM.