View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by baartman View Post
I think the common thought of a PMD paired with a shutdown D is the way to go. It's not, IMO. pairings are developed with chemistry. With these thoughts an explosive D > solid shutdown D. The explosiveness draws attention, which is a system that relies on constant attack. A shutdown D has no place in this type of system.

Edler > Garrison
Gardiner > Schenn/Gunnarson etc

Correct me if i'm wrong, but you're expanding on my post? I think you agree with me, but not my assessment of Gardiner. Whether or not Gardiner could find his way onto the "top 4", doesn't matter. My point is, a player as potentially explosive as Gardiner is available, he needs to find his way onto your team, team needs aside. If you think the canucks are worse with Gardiner over garrison, you may be right. But I'd rather have Gardiner.

Lu and garrison for Gardiner and Connolly.
Assuming such a scenario were available, Gardiner would only be acquired to be subsequently traded elsewhere. He would not dislodge any of our core for reasons NFITO articulated. The only reason we might have any interest is a young defenseman with Gardiner's potential is an easier trade due to supply and demand.