Thread: Pre-Game Talk: Sabres at 'Canes: The Story thus Far
View Single Post
01-23-2013, 03:31 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Gotta Catch Em Staal View Post
Allegedly Cam Ward smashed his stick over the crossbar during practice today, so expect him to be PISSED. Whether this means a great performance or a rapid four goals and yanked in the first period is yet to be seen, but either way he will be PISSED.
Tripp: "I spoke to Cam and he seems really fired up after two performances that didn't live up to the elite, Vezina-level standard that he has established throughout his career. Canes fans should look for Cam to bounce back and be the goalie we all know he can be."

John: "That's right. Let's look at the starting goalies for tonight. For the Hurricanes, Cam Ward's numbers are so bad that I'm not even going to read them and hope people don't notice them. And for the Buffalo Sabres, it's Ryan Miller, who as all 'Canes fans know, was defeated by Cam Ward in a performance for the ages seven years ago in the Eastern Conference Finals."

Tripp: "And I'm sure Caniacs all across the globe remember that one. That's the type of play that you can expect from Cam."

*Cam Ward lets in first shot on goal*
*Awkward silence*

Tripp: "Guys in the truck, if you can go back on the play, you can see that Cam is bumped by Joni Pitkanen about 15 seconds before the goal and that throws off Cam's rhythm. Having played the position, I can tell you that a goalie needs to establish a rhythm in net and Joni just doesn't allow Cam to do that. And isn't it odd that Joni is wearing #44 tonight? We'll have to ask the coaching staff to see why that number switch was made."

semin4captain is offline   Reply With Quote