View Single Post
Old
06-25-2006, 08:42 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle
Yeah - I feel like an idiot for being a messenger.

The last time I share a tidbit around here I can guarantee you that. People are way too narrow minded to handle it.
I was sitting watching the draft and the Als game with my usual dexterity, and when they announced Fischer, turnbuckle, you were my first thought. You have to wonder at times about the whole interview process. These are hockey guys, who may or may not have a valid method of evaluating character in the interview process. Granted, I'm not 18, but I think I could do quite well if interviewed by Sutter today. I wonder if people in the business are used to hearing a pat style of clicheed answer that they don't know what to do when someone doesn't fit the mold. For the record, I do appreciate the stuff you posted the other day, it's always interesting to hear what those 'in the business' are gossiping about. Everyone who criticized would've given their eyeteeth to be at the same table.

As for the Fischer selection, ya gotta love the irony don't you ?

As to Fischer's attitude, if I get the comments, it seems that he has an exagerrated sense of self importance, which describes a lot of young people whose athletic abilities have set them apart from others. It something they have to grow out of. If that's the case, I'm sure the Habs believe he will. Then again, what the hell do I know.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote