View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 03:35 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And I'm the one confused....Yet, you are the one calling it FAILURES instead of calling it THINGS YOU DON'T AGREE WITH.
This is an opinion board.

Quote:
And I'm the one confused....Yet, you are the one calling it FAILURES instead of calling it THINGS YOU DON'T AGREE WITH. 'Cause while english isn't my first language, I really thought that once you use failures, it had to mean that it had to be PROVEN that it actually was.

You have no idea what's going on with Subban. No idea. Me neither. We do go and try to pretend like we do, and that's fine, that's what a board is also for. But if Subban signs today....and it permits the Habs the same some major money...how will it still consider a failure by you?
Obviously, if Bergevin redeems himself by either signing Subban to a great contract, or winning a trade involving Subban, then my criticism retracts and will be replaced by praise.

However, right now, what we do know with reasonable confidence is that he offered a 2-year contract @ 2.75 million per, maybe 3.25 million per, which is an insult to our no. 1 (maybe no. 2 !) dman. We also know that it's very hard to win a trade when you try to get rid of a player. If we do win a trade, I'll gladly eat crow, but I'm skeptical.

Quote:
So things we agree with, things we might not agree with sure....but NOBODY has to FORGIVE HIS FAILURES as if it hasn't been proven yet that they were just that....failures. And I'm the one confused....Glad to be if it means not living in the same reality world....
Give him as much of a chance as you want. If you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, and you're not willing to be critical of decisions that seem flawed early on, that's fine. At some point however, Bergevin's decisions will have to show results.

I don't think we should have to wait five years or whatever to evaluate a GM.

Last edited by DAChampion: 01-23-2013 at 03:43 PM.
DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote