Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 03:35 PM
HTFN

vCash: 500
Why get rid of Joel Ward? Even when you never notice him, he's not usually having actively bad games. He chips in every night, and works hard. Like someone else said, he's among the best on the boards (and was in Nashville too, something their fans talked about consistently when we signed him), and has multiple years of good playoff performances, which is somewhat of a rarity on this team as you're so keen to note.

Schultz, well, you're not saying anything that anyone else hasn't been saying for two years, so the hockey messiah act is a little intriguing.

Plus, no thanks on Leopold. Having seen him in years past, it's really not worth it. There's no sense in trading other assets because the guy hits about as much as Schultz does as it is. If you're going to bring in a new player, don't make it more of the same. Even though he's not as poor all-around as Schultz, he doesn't make the team any harder to play against.

EDIT: I thought he had two years left, not one. I still don't do it because I'm not exactly sure he brings enough to the table, but it makes the "assets" talk kind of moot, because it wouldn't be much. I'd rather see what else was available, but if it was that or Schultz come playoff time, that's an easier call.