View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Anyone think Fasth/Lindberg will play for the Rangers by the end of the year?
I cant tell but it's interesting to follow them and you can't ask for all that much more.

I definitely think Fasth has "it", but he broke a leg less than a year ago and have had a troublesome flu bug for a couple of months this season. I don't know if thats it, but he has been a tad more inconsistent INSTEAD of taking a big step in his development -- like you want from all prospects in that age. Sometimes still it's like he has been wind up and he jus keeps going on the ice at a level above everyone else. I've heard people label him as the most interesting young player in Swedish hockey. But for stretches this year he slows down a little and he instantly becomes alot more mediocre. I think he has potential to become a mix of roughly like Callahan and Hagelin. Or he could "not". Time will tell. He needs a "good" 8 months to camp for sure to challenge right away.

Lindberg is a very fine hockey player. Some snarl offensively. Decent size. Great attitude and FO ability. But he definitely don't have the "motor" of a star in the NHL, or a typical Swedish NHLer even. How will that transform to the NA game? It's very hard to tell. Or I don't know. Like, Travis Zajac gets by just fine but say a Jarkko Immonen had a painfully hard time to get involved, but skate basically at the same level. OL is decen 2-ways and I like that. He is calm with the puck and can think the game at a high level under pressure and at a high level. I love that. He is not a physical specimen, that what's worries me a bit.