View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Quaider*
RONDO BABY!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
PP (he gets on the half wall and he can move all over while somehow staying in the same area cute moves and jukes like Samsonov, buys time and still is in great position to pass and usually to the right guy like Savard)....actually he reminds me of Seguin game wise even strength- quick feet/take off and fast; Spooner does not have Seguin's shot but I'd say he sees the ice better and is a better passer. Seguin is faster but Spooner aint to shabby.

What Spooner needs is reps- more games, and more physical maturity. Seguin is stronger. Seguin 'thinks' scoring, Ryan 'thinks' passing. They (Cassidy and Sweeney) are trying to get him to shoot more. He has a really good shot which is huge bonus. Krejci likewise has a very good shot when he takes it, and Spooner falls under this as well.

to me Spooner needs maturity, game experience, and health- after probably 100 AHL games and an off season of following thru what the Bruins and Sweeney outline for him he should be playing in Boston next year on some basis, and after that should never look back

I see Seguin as a game-breaker and Boston deep at center with 4 guys 27 or under capable of top 6 time- Krejci and Bergeron now, Spooner and Koko in time. I'd keep Seguin right where he is as a home run threat on the wing- something Boston does not have and keeps defenses honest when he is out there.

As for the Bourque thread- glad you did it, sure beats lockout thought and has a lot of merit even if I somewhat disagree (but not entirely)- its a fun thread
I look forward to seeing Spooner and appreciate your insight.

I completely agree that Seguin is a game-breaker and wing is best for now at least. The guy gets a lot of praise but not nearly enough, I don't think. He's an all-star.

I'm glad you liked my thread. Too bad not many others did! lol Oh, well. I guess I knew there would be some who would question my sanity. The agenda thing was a little.....errrr... out there. lol No harm and a fun place to talk Bs!